We are pleased to announce a partnership between Kansas 4-H Youth Development and UnitedHealthcare (UHC) Community Plan that will support 4-H Healthy Living programs. This partnership will help us reach more youth in our communities and increase our resources locally for healthy living programs. UnitedHealthcare is one of the managed care organizations that provides KanCare Medicaid services to Kansas residents. As part of a value-added service, they are promoting 4-H to their members and encouraging them to join 4-H. The UHC members are receiving information about 4-H encouraging them to contact their local Extension office or visit the Join Kansas 4-H website. (See the attached flyer in both English and Spanish).
Here’s how the process will work:
1) You receive a request to join 4-H either directly from the UHC member or from the http://www.joinkansas4-h.org/ site
2) the parent/guardian will provide evidence that they are a United Healthcare member
3) you work with the family, enroll the youth in 4-H and get them involved
4) you report the members you have enrolled using a simple online reporting tool
5) your local unit will receive $35.00/child/year to support 4-H healthy living programs.
All local Extension units can benefit from this partnership. This is an excellent opportunity to recruit new youth into the 4-H program and increase 4-H Healthy Living program resources. You can network with other agencies and healthcare organizations that may be serving KanCare members to help promote the 4-H and UHC partnership and encourage 4-H participation. The 4-H “Life’s Little Questions” campaign will also be useful in helping this audience to understand what 4-H offers.